20% off Birmingham Museums Membership and Membership Plus
Culture Card holders receive 20% off Birmingham Museums annual Membership and Membership Plus
Enjoy 12 months unlimited access to our nine wonderful museums and heritage sites including:
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum (for Membership Plus holders only)
Birmingham Museums Members and Members Plus also receive:
- Free entry to exhibitions
- Free tickets to guided tours at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
-10% off in Birmingham Museums shops and cafes (excludes designer jewellery at the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter)
- Free arts and craft activities across the museums and heritage sites (for Family Membership holders)
Aston Hall is a magnificent Grade I listed 17th-century Jacobean mansion built in 1635 by Sir Thomas Holt, located just outside Birmingham city centre.
Follow in the footsteps of royalty and visit one of the last great Jacobean houses to be built.
Built between 1618 and 1635 for Sir Thomas Holte and home to James Watt Junior from 1817-1848, Aston Hall is steeped in history.
Now a grade I listed building, the hall is restored to its former Jacobean splendour and is hugely popular with visitors of all ages.
Walk through the stunning interiors and see the home that received royalty.
Discover Aston Hall’s experience during the English Civil War, and how you can still see evidence of this tumultuous time in the house! In October 1642 (two months after Charles I declared war on his parliament and their supporters) Sir Thomas Holte was honoured with a visit by King Charles I as he made his way south from Shrewsbury where he had been raising troops to serve the Royalist cause.
Aston Hall itself was attacked in December 1643 by a Parliamentarian force from Coventry. A hole in the staircase was made by a cannonball when the house was under siege.
Don’t miss the imposing Long Gallery and the tranquil surroundings of Lady Holte’s Garden, designed in symmetrical patterns with historic shrubs and foliage.
All Public Enquiries
0121 348 8000
B6 6 JD
See Birmingham Museums website for opening times.
Terms and Conditions
- Culture Card holders receive 20% off annual Birmingham Museums Membership.
- The offer applies to Adult, Child, Family, Joint Adult and Joint Child Membership.
- The offer does not apply to Life Membership or Concessionary Membership.
- The offer can be applied to both Membership and Membership Plus.
- Membership gives holders unlimited entry to Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House. Membership does not include entry to Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- Membership Plus gives holders unlimited entry to the all sites available to Members (Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House), plus Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- To redeem this offer, show your Culture Card at any of the Birmingham Museums’ museums or heritage sites before you purchase your Membership or Membership Plus.
- The offer can only be redeemed when buying in person at one of our sites.
- The offer cannot be used when purchasing Birmingham Museums Membership or Membership Plus online.
- Offer can only be redeemed by the named Culture Card cardholder, and will only apply to Memberships bought in the same name.
- For full Membership and Membership Plus terms and conditions visit the Birmingham Museums website.
- Birmingham Museums has the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.