Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
20% off Birmingham Museums Membership and Membership Plus
Culture Card holders receive 20% off Birmingham Museums annual Membership and Membership Plus
Enjoy 12 months unlimited access to our nine wonderful museums and heritage sites including:
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum (for Membership Plus holders only)
Birmingham Museums Members and Members Plus also receive:
- Free entry to exhibitions
- Free tickets to guided tours at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
-10% off in Birmingham Museums shops and cafes (excludes designer jewellery at the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter)
- Free arts and craft activities across the museums and heritage sites (for Family Membership holders)
Step back in time to a perfectly preserved jewellery workshop at the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter.
When the owners of the Smith & Pepper jewellery factory decided to retire after 80 years of trading, they simply locked the doors, leaving a time capsule for future generations.
Today, the factory is a remarkable museum where you can enjoy guided tours including demonstrations of traditional jewellery making, offering you a unique glimpse into Birmingham’s jewellery and metalworking heritage.
Explore this extraordinary time capsule on a lively guided tour: here you will find things left as they were on Smith & Pepper’s last working day. Gather round the main jewellers’ bench to watch a demonstration of the traditional skills of this fine trade and discover what it was like to work here.
The museum also contains two self-led galleries – 'Story of the Jewellery Quarter' which explores the history and development of the Jewellery Quarter and 'Earth’s Riches' which displays jewellery made from natural materials from across the world.
You can also browse the museum shop with its selection of original work by local designer makers, or exclusive artworks for sale in the gallery space. Finish your visit with refreshments in the delightful Smith & Pepper tearoom.
All Public Enquiries
0121 348 8231
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter,
75-80 Vyse Street,
See Birmingham Museums website for opening hours.
Terms and Conditions
- Culture Card holders receive 20% off annual Birmingham Museums Membership.
- The offer applies to Adult, Child, Family, Joint Adult and Joint Child Membership.
- The offer does not apply to Life Membership or Concessionary Membership.
- The offer can be applied to both Membership and Membership Plus.
- Membership gives holders unlimited entry to Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House. Membership does not include entry to Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- Membership Plus gives holders unlimited entry to the all sites available to Members (Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House), plus Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- To redeem this offer, show your Culture Card at any of the Birmingham Museums’ museums or heritage sites before you purchase your Membership or Membership Plus.
- The offer can only be redeemed when buying in person at one of our sites.
- The offer cannot be used when purchasing Birmingham Museums Membership or Membership Plus online.
- Offer can only be redeemed by the named Culture Card cardholder, and will only apply to Memberships bought in the same name.
- For full Membership and Membership Plus terms and conditions visit the Birmingham Museums website.
- Birmingham Museums has the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.