20% off Birmingham Museums Membership and Membership Plus
Culture Card holders receive 20% off Birmingham Museums annual Membership and Membership Plus
Enjoy 12 months unlimited access to our nine wonderful museums and heritage sites including:
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum (for Membership Plus holders only)
Birmingham Museums Members and Members Plus also receive:
- Free entry to exhibitions
- Free tickets to guided tours at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
-10% off in Birmingham Museums shops and cafes (excludes designer jewellery at the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter)
- Free arts and craft activities across the museums and heritage sites (for Family Membership holders)
Discover the elegant Georgian home of Birmingham’s greatest industrial entrepreneur, Matthew Boulton.
Soho House was the elegant home of the industrialist and entrepreneur Matthew Boulton from 1766 to 1809.
The house has been beautifully restored and reflects the fashions and tastes of the late Georgian period.
There’s also the chance to see some of the products of Boulton’s nearby factory – where buttons and buckles, clocks and vases, and silver and Sheffield plate tableware were made – and where he developed the steam engine in partnership with James Watt.
Soho House was also a favourite meeting place of the Lunar Society, a leading Enlightenment group. The Lunar Society would meet every month on the night of the full moon to dine, conduct experiments, and discuss philosophical matters of the day.
Members of the society included Erasmus Darwin, James Watt and Joseph Priestly who all gathered around the Lunar Room table and engaged in a lively exchange of ideas which inspired many new discoveries and inventions.
Don’t miss the beautiful 18th-century gardens. The garden at Soho House has been landscaped as a suburban garden planting based on what was found in the Boulton archive. The Hermitage is a reconstruction of the place where Boulton would retreat for quiet contemplation.
All Public Enquiries
0121 348 8000
Soho Avenue (off Soho Road),
See Birmingham Museums website for opening times.
Terms and Conditions
- Culture Card holders receive 20% off annual Birmingham Museums Membership.
- The offer applies to Adult, Child, Family, Joint Adult and Joint Child Membership.
- The offer does not apply to Life Membership or Concessionary Membership.
- The offer can be applied to both Membership and Membership Plus.
- Membership gives holders unlimited entry to Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House. Membership does not include entry to Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- Membership Plus gives holders unlimited entry to the all sites available to Members (Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House), plus Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- To redeem this offer, show your Culture Card at any of the Birmingham Museums’ museums or heritage sites before you purchase your Membership or Membership Plus.
- The offer can only be redeemed when buying in person at one of our sites.
- The offer cannot be used when purchasing Birmingham Museums Membership or Membership Plus online.
- Offer can only be redeemed by the named Culture Card cardholder, and will only apply to Memberships bought in the same name.
- For full Membership and Membership Plus terms and conditions visit the Birmingham Museums website.
- Birmingham Museums has the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.