Weoley Castle Ruins
20% off Birmingham Museums Membership and Membership Plus
Culture Card holders receive 20% off Birmingham Museums annual Membership and Membership Plus
Enjoy 12 months unlimited access to our nine wonderful museums and heritage sites including:
Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum (for Membership Plus holders only)
Birmingham Museums Members and Members Plus also receive:
- Free entry to exhibitions
- Free tickets to guided tours at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
-10% off in Birmingham Museums shops and cafes (excludes designer jewellery at the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter)
- Free arts and craft activities across the museums and heritage sites (for Family Membership holders)
The ruins of an exquisite manor house built 750 years ago.
The ruins of Weoley Castle are over 750 years old and are the remains of a fortified manor house built as a hunting lodge by the Lords of Dudley. The castle once stood within a thousand acres of deer park which extended almost as far as the city centre.
The ruins are one of the oldest buildings still visible in Birmingham, and is classified as a scheduled Ancient Monument of national importance.
It was called a castle because it had a moat, curtain wall, towers, battlements and arrow slits as well as an imposing gatehouse and impressive great hall.
There were also private rooms for the lords and ladies of the manor and a kitchen with a large fireplace for cooking. The family had their own chapel and stable range with lodging rooms above, and there was a large brewhouse for beer production.
Although often referred to as a castle, these ruins are the remains of a medieval manor house, once surrounded by a wide, water filled moat.
Visit the Birmingham Museums website for details of special events such as the annual Medieval Open Day.
All Public Enquiries
0121 348 8000
Weoley Castle Ruins,
See Birmingham Museums website for opening times
Terms and Conditions
- Culture Card holders receive 20% off annual Birmingham Museums Membership.
- The offer applies to Adult, Child, Family, Joint Adult and Joint Child Membership.
- The offer does not apply to Life Membership or Concessionary Membership.
- The offer can be applied to both Membership and Membership Plus.
- Membership gives holders unlimited entry to Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House. Membership does not include entry to Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- Membership Plus gives holders unlimited entry to the all sites available to Members (Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House), plus Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
- To redeem this offer, show your Culture Card at any of the Birmingham Museums’ museums or heritage sites before you purchase your Membership or Membership Plus.
- The offer can only be redeemed when buying in person at one of our sites.
- The offer cannot be used when purchasing Birmingham Museums Membership or Membership Plus online.
- Offer can only be redeemed by the named Culture Card cardholder, and will only apply to Memberships bought in the same name.
- For full Membership and Membership Plus terms and conditions visit the Birmingham Museums website.
- Birmingham Museums has the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.